Monday, February 16, 2015

Look at this!

Its Monday, so that means there is a brand new sketch out for Scrapbook Challenges. I was excited to have a grid layout to work with. I have been loving many layouts floating around using this type of layout with awesome embellishing in each square and have been wanting to create one as well!

 
I started with a fun cutfile as my background, using my trusty ole vintage dictionary as its filler. I found some fun photobooth pics of hubby and I to use, keeping with a month of lovey based layouts!
 
I played around with my stash of Me and My Big Ideas and found a beautiful color scheme to work with. Ya'll I found this awesome Heidi Swapp project life kit at my local Michaels with wood veneer words, and I am IN LOVE!! I want them on every layout! I balanced my layout with a wood veneer arrow block , and lots of layering of goodies!
We were super blessed to be able to take a "childfree" trip from Maryland to Cali a few years back. I was about 7 months along with little K and flew across country all by my lonesome to meet up with hubby that was already over there on business. I must be a big kid at heart, because my first thought process was "lets go to Seaworld" stress free of the kids running around! We had never been anywhere like this before and it was an awesome day! Can I just say I may have been a beluga whale in my last life, the love I have for watching them all day is strong!!
The girls had so many fun takes on this layout, we would love to to share them all with you on the Scrapbook Challenges website, and would LOVE to see your take on this fun sketch!!
In order to be eligible for our Monthly Prize drawing all completed layouts must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PST February 28, 2015.
                                                          Brianna

7 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING that background you created and the grid design!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So LOVE this!!! Loving thise layers, the grid and the background. Oh and that photo and story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh LOVE this!!! super fun and cool love the strips and then grid in the center!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this LO. Thank you for linking up to "It's Hip to be Square," on the Paper Issues Blog!

    ReplyDelete