Saturday, October 11, 2014

Life's simple surprises

Good morning friends!
It is quite the chilly day here. I would be lying if I didn't admit that my feet miss being bare, socks and shoes can be so constricting. They just want to be free!!
The ladies and I are up today at LCOM with another fun sketch inspired layout. I love working with sketch's to get my brain working, interpreting the ideas in my head to make the layout mine. I have a personal habit of turning my sketch's. I am not sure where this desire comes from, but its normally the first step. For this sketch, I actually chose to keep the sketch as is to work with!
I started by finding this super fun paper for my base. It is hard to tell in detail, but the white polka dots are a type of fuzzy material, adding a fun dimension. I also realized half way through the page that it unintentionally screamed "HALLOWEEN COLORS", the spirit of the seasons must be deep in my heart this month!
I cannot help but LOVE these photos I snapped of the girls one day. We had a scheduled lawn service that would kick on at night, but on rare occasions it would unexpectedly kick on in the bright sunshine of the day. We always took this as a sign to stop and enjoy this simple little gift by stopping everything and running out to play in the water! You just cannot beat the excitement on the girls faces!
You can check out all of the interpretations and play along for our chance at a this weeks prize by joining in at the LCOM Blog. I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend, filled with little, unexpected joys; Life's simple surprises!
                                                               Brianna

2 comments:

  1. such fun photos!!!!! LOVE the fuzzy dots, that is sooo cool!!!! fun details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! LOVING the colors and the photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete